Pentiment - Artful Storytelling

 Aloha!

I've been playing my Xbox off and on while I'm working on a couple writing projects of my own. I've been playing a little game called Pentiment, which I'm fairly sure only niche gamers are going to be inclined to play or even hear about. It's one of those games that comes out from a pretty major developer but still falls under the umbrella of "independent." 
    For those of you who end up reading my blog because you happened upon it while reading about writing tips, what I'm up to or the like, I'd recommend exploring the storytelling artform in other mediums. I've discussed how beneficial it's been to me to experience story's in their myriad forms so if you happen to be a gamer, I'd highly recommend delving into this game's story. It's simplistic in it's gameplay as it is a point-and-click adventure, basically a storybook come to life. A lot of the game revolves around you talking to people and trying to uncover evidence around a plot that I won't discuss as not to spoil anything. 

    The thing that will probably be a high barrier to entry for most people is it's slow start. Pentiment can unravel a bit too slow for most since the beginning is set in a slow paced, sedentary life style, in Ye Old England. A couple hours in however, once you have the basics and your general lay of the land, things are on and the game is afoot. I just got to the end of ACT II and I can't believe some of the things I've uncovered. 

    Give it a try.

    Until next time, take care readers.


    -Cheers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses