Gardening

 Greetings!


I lived a sordid life so far, gone with the flow, seen a few things and done a few others. I'm not sure if it's because I'm approaching my mid-life mark or if the last several years have served to calm me down, but I woke up the other day with the urge-no, the need-to garden. I immediately hopped onto Amazon and got soil, seeds, and text my girlfriend to get to-go cups from where she works because I need to get planting, stat.

    I am currently awaiting germination.

    I live in a one bedroom apartment in the middle of the desert. Not exactly an ideal location for gardening. There's something therapeutic about it all though, even if the idea is a bit haphazard. I remember my uncle gardening, and by that, I mean I remember him telling me where to dig, which weeds to pull, and where to move everything for him. My aunt and uncle seemed to have some notion in their head that I never wanted to get dirty. It wasn't about that. It was about the work itself; I would rather play and have fun and also somehow reap the benefits/results. It doesn't work that way. 

    The timing is such that I decided to take up gardening shortly after taking up an interest in the stock market. It's something I should have gotten into a lot sooner (like everyone says, "If only I'd..." but am taking a "better late than never" approach. I understand that just like gardening I can do a bunch of research, plan, observe, execute, and then go back into observation and adjust accordingly. Afterwards though, it's simply tending the garden. I think having both in place will be a good idea that helps reinforce the other.

    Or I'll find out I don't have a green thumb in either department. I'll keep you guys posted.

    Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses