Sum 41, thanks for 30 years.

Greetings reader,

Born in the late 80's, I'm a 90's baby that grew up on the West coast and then moved to Hawaii. For some reason California punk rock bled over to the Canadian band Sum 41 when one of my friends introduced them to me by letting me listen to their CD playing Walkman. (Yeah, I'm that old.) It was over after that.
     I've been a fan of Sum 41 for the last 30 years and was fortunate enough to see them in Vegas like 15 years ago when they played at Extreme Thing. Fast forward 13 years and I got to see them again at WWWY, and now once again for their final US performance at Planet Hollywood (where I work oddly enough, way to go full circle). I loved their latest album and like a lot of fans wish we could get another 30 years.
     I get it though.
     I plan on buying Deryck's (lead singer) soon to be released memoir book about all the ups and downs. I expect to be surprised by quite a few details. Check it out if you're a fan. Stay rocking.

Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses