Post 14 - Currents

Good morning! (Or insert whatever time of day you're reading this.)

I'm currently on my way to work and waiting for my bus to pick me up. I live in Las Vegas and am only a couple miles from work. Other than the convenience of being to go places exactly when you want to, I think it's financially cheaper and evens out for the most part. I'm still able to do most of the things I would be doing at home such as writing, reading, playing a game, or working on my computer (thanks phones). As such, I'm going to list a couple of the things I'm in the middle of during my commutes:

Audio Book: 12 Years a Slave. I'm not normally big on audio books since I like to read at my own pace, enjoy hearing the characters in the voices my mind assigns them, and I have trouble focuses and imagining the scene. I'm only 36 years old and have noticed that my attention span has decreased significantly over the years for the worse. Before I'd be thrilled to watch a 3 hour long movie (Lord of the Rings) and wouldn't want to go to the bathroom for fear of missing something. Now I prefer streaming and breaks after 30 minutes. The book itself is incredible as is the audio reading and I believe it's been helpful in my attention span and being more aware. Plus the source material is historically significant and well crafted.

2. Game: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster. I'm a huge gamer. Like, it's probably one of my greatest strengths and weaknesses. Am I good at games? Yes. Should I play less? Absolutely. If you had told a younger me that I could hold my computer, phone, and video games systems all in my hand in the future and that they would remake/remaster some of my favorites, I would have called you crazy. It's too much fun.

3. If anyone knows any sites similar to querymanager.net that have leads as far as agents/publicists for books go, let me know. I'm shopping my manuscript around and am trying to get it out in front of more eyes. It's a thriller that falls into crime/psychological/mystery and as such is hard to pin down genre wise. The nice thing about being mobile is once I got my authors portfolio together, I have all my source material ready to submit even on the go.

Well, looks like the next stop is mine! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and I'll see ya on the next post. Take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses