Post 13 - The Swing of Things

Greetings reader,

I'm changing up the title format for my blog from "days" to "post" as it was improperly titled from the outset. This now reflects sequential entries and actually makes sense. Oops.

If you're an aspiring author such as myself I encourage you to check out www.reedsy.com They have a wealth of information on writing as both a craft and a career and have been vital to me in navigating the potential publishing process. Plus, they have writing contests! I entered the one that they have up currently, which I believe ends today. I went with a horror style and only used dialogue as a creative choice. I think it played out pretty well given the fact we can only go up to 3k words. They do a weekly contest and the topics have all been vastly different each time.

Lastly, since my manuscript is off with potential agents, I'm beginning to organize and outline a new project... It's technically an old project that was original a short that verged on novella length... Then I wrote a follow up story that is novella length... So, yeah, it's becoming a two-book kind of project and I'm getting pretty excited to start. Updates to follow.

Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses