Post 18 - Gamer at Heart

Dear reader,

It pains me to admit how much I love video games. As in type this out on my phone, I'm also simultaneously playing Persona 5 Royal on my Playstation 5. It's incredible from a story telling perspective and the writing is better than plenty of books and movies. Don't knock video games as an art form, because that's precisely what they are. That isn't to say that there aren't a ton of games that are simply that--games.
     There's a lot of great games to look forward to this year and the following. I love the tech advances since I was a wee lad. I have a VR unit and that shit would have blown young Denis's mind. Like, erased every thought. It's almost ironic that now that I'm grown up and have the money to buy the things I want, I don't have the time to enjoy them. Dumb. I really have to pick and choose which ones I end up playing all the way through. I start a lot these days and then let them fall by the wayside. It's like having a stack of books next to your bed that continues to pile up higher and higher.
     I hate that.
     Was I the only one that was okay with the COVID break/delay in entertainment? (Excluding all the other terrible stuff.) I still have a lot of catching up to do. Well, back to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses