Post 17 - New Keyboard, New Me

 Ahoy! I hope this message finds you well. Whoever you may be. 

I went on a little tech spree today because I was basically bored and convinced myself that I needed these things. Plus, if you read my last post, you know that it is hot as hell and that I'd rather not go outside. I use Amazon to have my groceries delivered, so why not more normal stuff like an in-home camera to watch for intruders and also keep an eye on my silly cat. I'm going on vacation soon and will be having someone stay at my place, but it also gives me peace of mind that I can check in, hit auto feed on my cat feeder, have a cloud upload for intruders, etc. etc. I also bought a small, cheap, yet surprisingly effective wireless bluetooth keyboard for my tablet. It's back lit and each key is about the size of my finger point. I'm making a few errors here and there but I think that's because I should have a mouse pad  to keep it from slipping. 

    It's always something.

    I do think this will help with my productivity. The other keyboard, the one that is part of the flip cover of the tablet itself, just doesn't suit me sometimes. If I'm sitting on the floor or in bed, sure. If I'm at a desk, not so much. This is just a trial run, but the thing is only $20. If you're curious which one it is, it's  the Artek keyboard. There's no trackpad which I would have liked, but I'm within arms reach of the tablet and it's a touch screen, so it isn't that big of a deal. Overall, I like it. I'll see how it works for the long term when I'm actually writing projects.

    Another writing contest topic came out and I'm pondering which one to submit for. I have work tomorrow but then the next few days off afterwards and am looking forward to getting the creative juices flowing. If anyone is curious as to the short stories I've submitted so far, here's a link to my writers profile over at Reedsy.com

Denis Baldwin's Contest Entered Short Stories

    That's my time for now guys, until next time.


Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses