Post 15 - The Order of Things

Dear Reader,

As I continue on my journey to getting a book published through traditional means (agented/traditional publishing presses) I'd like to update you guys on my progress.

I've received the standard amount of boiler plate rejection letters while I try to find new agents or avenues to submit to. I decided to reach out to a friend who knows an editor that's in the business. It's making me second guess my existence. I'm confident in my storytelling ability but I'll admit that I'm less confident in my navigating the world of professional writing. I'm not afraid that the content isn't well written or that the story has no merit... No, it's more along the lines of finding someone who sees that I have potential and would like to mentor me. I'm at a point where I've taken my writing as far as I can by myself and need assistance crossing the next mile stone. I guess that's how I'll frame it to the editor since they are waiting on my response. It might feel like a big step back, but that's only so I can be ready to jump ahead. 

Back to the drawing board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two - Writing Contest

Day Six - And so it goes...

Day Eight - Delays and Excuses